I absolutely LOVE my birthday. Sometimes I pretend that I don’t, but I really do.
Not because of the presents or the cake or the birthday balloons… but because I get to say that I’m another year older.
Today is my birthday. YAY me. #twentythree
Anyway, as I get to be another year older, and in the spirit of being 23 and leaving 22, I thought I’d write down the 23 things that I loved about being 22 that I can bring with me this new year.
- 22 by Taylor Swift. Now that I’ve been 22, I can still party any day and feel 22.
- I’m not a good cook. I’m an okay cook. And that’s totally okay. Trader Joe’s will always sell microwavable meals.
- The gym is definitely not hell in a location. And working out actually won’t kill me.
- Having a solid group of friends is needed more than I realized.
- Families aren’t perfect, but mine pretty much is.
- Be honest. Always. With yourself, with others, with ones who love you.
- Life isn’t always amazing. Sometimes life sucks… but it makes the good times THAT much better.
- I’m not as weak as I think I am. I’m a lot stronger. ‘Nuff said.
- Allow people to pleasantly surprise you. (Talking to you J Biebs)
- When you get hurt, DON’T cut bangs… but do something else. Like dye your hair blonde-ish.
- Vegas isn’t necessarily my scene, but that doesn’t mean I can’t still enjoy it.
- Learn how to budget… and then stick to it. (I’m still learning this one).
- Sometimes you need to open doors that you want to stay closed. But grab your best friend’s hand, a pint of Ben & Jerry’s and work through it.
- Jesus is love. Forever. End of the story.
- Be silly. Have one-woman dance parties. Talk to your fish. Stay you.
- Travel. A lot. And don’t be afraid to let an elephant kiss you.
- Write your stories. Write your thoughts. Write.
- Do things that scare you. You’ll thank me later. Or you won’t. But still do them.
- If something doesn’t make you happy, change it. Don’t live a life that makes you miserable if you can help it.
- Try to make someone else’s life better. Don’t think just about you. Share the love.
- USE FACETIME MORE. And use it to see people I love.
- No one truly interesting is universally liked (thank you Girlfriends Guide to Divorce)
- Stop watching Friends and Netflix and go out and live your own extremely interesting life. (But sometimes when you want to stay home and watch Netflix in your yoga pants and a glass of red wine – it’s totally okay, so go for it.)
So there you have it. 23 things for me to bring into 23.
One thought on “23 things about 22”
Happy Birthday gorgeous ❤ and a very Happy New Year
LikeLiked by 1 person